Friday, February 02, 2007

I Hope She Googles Her Name and Finds This

Today I was visiting my Dad and I made my twice a decade trip up to the attic. I found treasures like my Barbies and Little People and baby blanket. Even though the weather's been cool I found myself nauseated and feeling faint. I said to myself "just one more box before I pass out and/or throw up and Dad has to call the fire department to haul me down." In the last box I found every V.C. Andrews book ever published and lots of INXS cassettes. I also found a certificate from my 9th grade Spanish teacher. I have no memory of receiving this award, but it's probably because I block painful events. She voted me "Most likely to get lost in Spain." Why would you do that to a self-conscious 14-year-old girl? Did I laugh? Was I mortified? Probably both. But today I just felt angry.

I'm going to make my own certificate and vote Sra. Lemus "Most likely to wear her elastic waist pants backwards." Not only is she most likely to, but she already did. That's about the only thing I remember from that class.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger A. Gator said...

Oh my God, you are too effing funny! Way to get her back!

Seriously, some people shouldn't teach (or be anywhere near) children.

12:26 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What is it about high school language teachers being absolute bitches? Don't even get me started....

4:45 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Ok, I did just laugh at that award...although now i don't feel bad for saying, "Mrs. Lemus is very ugly." in french, to Kellie, as she walked by one day in the hall.

She just glared at us.

Who the hell would have known the Spanish teacher knew French as well?

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home