Monday, January 22, 2007

Mother of the Year

Today I was pumping gas when an SUV pulled up and I heard a woman screaming. I didn't hear the start of it, but what I did catch sounded like this (with no exaggeration):

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO PEE? YOU HAD THEM FOR THREE FUCKING HOURS AND YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE IF THEY HAVE TO PEE? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

At this point we make eye contact because I couldn't help but stare. She got the baby out and then screamed at the toddler to get out of the car if she had to pee.

I finished pumping my gas and waited in my car to see if the kids were okay, since their mother was obviously teetering on the brink. She came out, threw the kids in the car, made sure I was still watching, then called the unlucky/irresponsible baby daddy:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DORA BACKPACK? I HAD DIAPERS IN IT WHERETHEFUCKISIT? YOU HAD THEM FOR HOURS AND DIDN'T CHANGE HER DIAPER? WHERE'S THE BAG YOU FUCKHEAD?

Wow. This hurt me on so many levels. I don't know if the woman enjoyed the audience, or if she's always like this. I can see being mad at your ex, but come on. I can guess what that baby's first word is going to be.

6 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

I cringe when I hear things like this out in public. Gee, you wonder why kids today are so aggressive and have potty mouths!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

freaking insane. when will people learn that they have to pretend to be grown ups when their kids can hear? If the baby's first word is the f word, she'll blame the father.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

This is when I imagine grabbing those kids and running. How could saving them from trailor trash inbreds like that be a crime?

Someone may have to bail me out of jail someday.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Um, I think after your one year old says the f-word, you are no longer fit to comment on situations like this. Even if it makes you so fucking mad, you'd like to beat that woman with the dora backpack.

1:21 PM  
Blogger SLC said...

Argh! There are so many awful people in the world and it's a shame some of them are mothers.

5:49 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Ever wonder why there are so many fucked up adults in the world?!? It's because they had mothers like this one. Sadly, her mom was probably just like her.

It makes me sick...especially when I have friends trying so hard to get pregnant, but can't, who would be the most amazing parents ever.

Sigh.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home