Monday, October 16, 2006

Never Again

Joe's favorite dinner that I make is orange-glazed salmon. It's a bastardized recipe from a restaurant I once worked in.

  • Salt and pepper a salmon fillet.
  • Stick it in the oven.
  • Boil orange juice and sugar until it reduces to a glaze.
  • When salmon is almost done, pour glaze over it and stick back in the oven.
  • Top with fresh basil if the neighborhood geese have not eaten your entire herb garden.

Sounds simple, right? No, no way as my two-year-old nephew would say. Each and every time I fall victim to some law of physics: orange juice will boil over no matter what size pot you use. It will turn into a black, sticky mess that can't be cleaned off the stovetop. I actually used a stockpot tonight, and it still boiled over. I'm done, I hope Joe enjoys his last meal of sorts.

P.S. Boiling orange juice smells like urine. Want to come over?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Hey Cory,
What's going on with Lukewarm Mama - I tried to get to her site a couple of times today and I was redirected to something else.

I would try your recipe but you don't exactly paint a pretty picture with it.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Maybe that's your payback for poor sedita. It's way too coincidental.

no. no way.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

roflmao oh my!!! The recipe does sound wonderful...sorry it ain't workin' out for you. Who knew that burnt orange juice smelled like uring...oh I gues you do eh?? sorry couldn't resist!

10:38 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

My little niece exclaims "No way!" all of the time too and it's the funniest thing ever!

FMM - I'm here! http://allygatoralley.blogspot.com

2:43 PM  
Blogger barbara said...

Like urine? Really? I'm actually tempted to try, just to find out...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Davenholl said...

Wow, when its my night to cook, I always order Chinese. Your recipe sounds great!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home