Sunday, October 30, 2005

Something Is Wrong With Me Part 68

Since I am always on a quest to make life more difficult than it has to be, there are no jack-o-lanterns in this house. No. I own more than one pattern book and every Halloween I pull them out so I can create a masterpiece. I will say that it's totally worth it because we had the best pumpkin in the neighborhood last year.

This morning I started to carve this beauty after I talked Joe down from a "challenging" pattern to an easy one. It turns out I can't even do the easy ones. Since I don't think like an engineer, I carved the entire head part, and then Joe said "that's going to make carving the face part harder." I honestly don't realize these things until it's too late. I cut off the nose completely and this is one photogenic pumpkin because you can't tell it's the grim reaper in person. It kind of reminds me of Michael Jackson the more I look at it.

Instead of scrapping the whole pumpkin idea, I went back out and bought a new one. Does this count as wasting food? I talked Joe into carving it because I can't trust myself with the knife anymore.

In other news, I'm finished with my Christmas shopping just like I said I would be. You can talk about me and call me a bitch and I'll still be finished with my Christmas shopping. It somehow makes up for the Wacko Jacko lantern. Oh, that was bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home