Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's Fun To Be Me

I've recently discovered that I have a touch of Celiac Sprue Disease. Woo hoo! I've known for some time that I'm lactose intolerant, am allergic to mold, etc., but I didn't know all that could be related to gluten intolerance. "Feeling like fucking shit after I eat" is not an easily diagnosed symptom, so I'm glad I understand what's going on now.

I've done my research and have read "The Gluten Free Bible." I know what I have to do, but it's not going to be easy. The challenges I faced just today were:

1. Being pressured into taking communion. How do you refuse the Body of Christ just because it comes in spongy white bread form?

2. I ate a hamburger on a 4 for $5.95 tapioca and white rice roll that was really angel food cake without the sugar. It made me gag.

3. Totino's party pizzas were on sale for a dollar each at Publix. I only bought 6 though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

Makes you wonder if people had these allergies fifty years ago or did our world of convenience and fast food create this problem, and so many others?

Food for thought....ha ha.

11:43 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

When I worked at the baking institute in KS, they used to have to make gluten sometimes as a demo for students and let me tell you -- that shit is STANK!!! It would smell up the whole building.

But when you put it in food, it sure does make it taste good!

Sigh.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

A - Just what the hell is gluten? MK - I really believe all the hormones in our foods are contributing to earlier puberty and increased growth. I often wonder the same thing about depression. Were people always this depressed, or is it because of food additives or other environmental factors?

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home