Sunday, May 28, 2006

Three is the Magic Number

Last night we went to the wedding of a friend's daughter. It was beautiful and lots of fun, though I admit I was dreading the outdoor ceremony when I saw that the temperature reached 95 degrees with approximately 200% humidity yesterday. It was held at an historic hotel on the ocean, so fortunately there was a lovely breeze. There was also an ice cream truck and bar patrons nearby which made the vows impossible to hear. If it had been my wedding, my head would have exploded, but I have control issues, yo.

My friend's daughter is kind and gracious and radiates some sort of Glenda the Good Witch vibe. Her father is somewhat of a difficult character, but then my only point of reference is what my friend, his ex-wife has said about him. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought that his first name really was "Johnthatsonofabitch." I got teary during the father/daughter dance because instead of "Because You Loved Me" or "Wind Beneath My Wings," the bride chose "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own" by U2. This song was written by Bono about his relationship with his own father, and reading the lyrics makes me teary all over again. Glenda the Good Bride sang the song to her father as they were dancing, and oh my God here come the tears again.

This wraps up a three month season filled with 3 bridal showers, 3 baby showers, 3 weddings, and one funeral. I'm taking the summer off, but I'll make an exception to attend a special friend's hullabaloo later this year. That's all I can say right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger MysteryGirl said...

I promise my hullabaloo will not take place over the summer. Definitely take the summer off :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I promise not to have another baby shower this year, so as Kasey said, definitely take the summer off!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

yes, you better rest up for the big hullabaloo!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home