Saturday, December 16, 2006

More Bitching

Last week I got my first speeding ticket in three years. I'd been so careful. No more 90 mph on I-10, no more zipping through residential areas. I was on a road that is more like a highway and I was in a great mood. As soon as I crested the hill and saw the motorcycle cops, I knew my three year streak was over.

CHiPs: Any reason why you're going 65 in a 45?
Me: Nope. {In my head - because my new car is sweet and I feel the need for speed.}
CHiPs: Didn't you see the sign back there telling you how fast you're going?
Me: Yep. {In my defense, I slowed down when I saw you.}
CHiPs: Don't you think that's dangerous?
Me: I'm not going to argue with you. {Please don't notice that I'm not wearing my seatbelt, Ponch.}

2 minutes later...

CHiPs: Because of the holidays, I'm cutting everyone a break. I just wrote that you were going 9 over instead of 20.
Me: Thank you. {You're far too kind, even though you were looking for a fight.}
CHiPs: Drive safely.
Me: You betcha.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Unless you actually hit something, I think pre-holiday speeding tickets should be banned. That's just my humble opinion.

5:23 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

That sucks! What kinda car did you get???

10:19 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

B - I agree.

A - We went with a Maxima. Nissan never let me down before.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Davenholl said...

The whole CHIPS ponch thing is hilarious!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Been there done that sweetie. I got two in the same year only by one week so I had to do traffic school online. What a joke.

8:02 AM  
Blogger MysteryGirl said...

You weren't on JTB were you? C. owns that road, but Ponch & John somehow missed her time after time.
A. suggests you get a radar detector for Christmas.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home