Thursday, April 12, 2007

Y'all Gonna Make Me Act the Fool Up in Here

Yeah, I just made a complete ass of myself in front of my new next door neighbors and their children. Their tax return check was delivered to our house by mistake. Joe held up the envelope to the light and saw that it was for $23,000 and change. No wonder people make plans around their tax refunds.

Anyway, I knocked on their door and must have blacked out because I introduced myself three times, and made at least seven lame jokes about bearing good news. What a jerk. I blame it on the following:

1. I'm coming off a particularly bad bout of PMS during which I've been subsisting solely on Easter candy and spending my days bitching at my husband.
2. I accidentally got drunk at Bunko last night and had my first work hangover in years.
3. My car registered that it was 94 degrees out today.
4. We had to pay the IRS $5,000 this year, so I'm slightly bitter towards those who are getting back $23,000.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger MysteryGirl said...

$23,000?!! WTF? That is a ridiculous amount of money to get back from taxes. Something isn't right.
Sorry you guys had to pay that much. Go back to Vegas and see if you can make up for it.

11:11 PM  
Blogger barbara said...

Holy smokes! $23,000?!?!?! Good grief.

3:11 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Who do you live next door to, Angelina Jolie?!?

10:42 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

i didn't know it was possible to get that much back. maybe they're claiming pets as dependents, too.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'd say someone is f-ing up on what they're claiming during the year...or maybe the won the lotto and the withholding was done a little off (which would make sense then to get a return that big). I'm no Jean Chatsky, but if even I know they more than likely could have been doing something better w/that money than letting the gvmt borrow it.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

23,000 back....uhmm just a thought but maybe you should find out who prepares their taxes and hire them quick! You can re-file you know.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be bitter--your new neighbors are idiots to make a $23,000 interest-free loan to the government. They should increase their withholding, keep their money in the bank as long as possible, and earn the interest themselves.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home