Sunday, August 28, 2005

How Do You Say "White Trash" In Français Ya'll?

Yesterday Joe and I met my father for lunch. The restaurant my dad originally picked out was closed, so we drove around town to find something else. His friends had recommended a place that was supposed to be good, so we stopped there. “Uh oh”, I thought when I realized it was a fancy French restaurant. “I am with the two pickiest eaters I know, and we’re all wearing jeans and sneakers.” We sat down anyway and they were finally able to find something on the menu, though neither of them would dare to try my crepes. We had a nice lunch and were finishing up when a family sat down at the table next to us. One of the women folded her t-shirt up so that her midriff was exposed because she was hot. One of the men wiped his mouth on his napkin that had never been unfolded from its fancy design, much less placed on his lap. Then, they piled all of their empty Red Bull and Arizona Iced Tea cans on an antique table next to them. I never had anything to worry about in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home