Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Have a Soulmate Out There Who Also Shops at Walgreens

I had to stop by Walgreen’s today after work to get my prescription filled. (I can’t ever say that line without singing the rest of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” by the Rolling Stones.) Anyway, I walked back to the pharmacy and passed one woman yelling at her insurance company who she had been on the phone with for the past 50 minutes. I had to wait in line for more than 5 minutes. This is outrageous in this day and age where waiting is no longer tolerated in this country, plus I’ve never been to this particular pharmacy when less than 8 people were working behind the counter. While I was waiting in line I was hungry, had to pee, had just sat through a 3 hour meeting, and was quickly becoming annoyed. When it was finally my turn, I swiped my card and reached for a pen to sign the receipt. The pen was one of those freebies from Prilosec. It was anchored to the counter, and someone had written “fuck this” on the white anchor part. This made me laugh out loud, and made the pharmacy tech look at me strangely.

Fuck this, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home