Monday, August 29, 2005

They'll Call Me a Cornhusker, Won't They?

I am endlessly amused by the goings on at ebay. I have a theory that people lose sight of the item and its real value, because they get so caught up in beating the other people to win the auctions. Here are some examples of the things I have sold recently:

Metal cookie cutter in the shape of a wedding cake - $4.22 (I guess they didn’t realize that they could have taken their 40% off coupon to Michael’s and bought it for $1.00.)

Bottle of OPI nail polish that I got for free with a coupon from a magazine - $6.00 (dude, you only saved $1.50 by not driving to Trade Secret yourself to buy it.)

My personal favorite: a bird cage thing from Pier One that I spray painted silver and used to hold cards at my wedding - $16.50 (I believe that I paid $10.00 for it and even said that I bought it at Pier One in the listing.)

I think that I have lived in a big city for so long that I have forgotten that other people don’t have access to the same stores, etc. I will probably be punished for this little racket I have going by being transferred to Nebraska or Wyoming one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home