Monday, June 05, 2006

I'll Probably Go Back For The Free Wine

Freakville has finally gotten a Super Suppers. If you're not familiar, it's one of those places where you prepare a bunch of meals without shopping, chopping, cleaning up, etc. Pricey, but there's a price for laziness, and I'm willing to pay it. Oh, and they have free wine in the evenings.

I was really excited about this whole concept. Apparently one of the owner's daughters worked for Martha Stewart and all the recipes have been tested, blah blah blah. I haven't decided if I'll go again, but here's my review of the first round of meals:

Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs - Holy goodness. Easy and quite good. I have no idea how I snuck the cranberries past Joe though.

Pecan Praline French Toast Casserole Thing - I made two of these, and one ended up on the bottom of the pile in the deep freezer. All the sticky praline nonsense was squished out of the tin, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to detach it. It may just stay in there until the next time the circuit breaker flips and we have to throw away an entire freezer full of food again. But, that's a story for another day. The one I did bake was good, but would not be good reheated. Mr. Pickerson is not one for the casseroles, but I would eat it again.

Southwest Chicken with Tropical Fruit Salsa - Yeah, I burned this one so I never got to taste it, but it smelled really good before black smoke filled the house.

Herbed Salmon with Confetti Rice - Acceptable to me, fishy to Joe.

Tarragon Chicken in Bechamel Sauce - I'm not big on tarragon, but this was probably my favorite. My favorite part being that I watched Joe eat and enjoy bechamel sauce.

Chocolate/Pecan/Coconut Pie - Jesus Lord this was a like shaking hands with an angel. That is until I realized that it cost $10 to make, and I still had to buy a pie crust.

Tonight we'll have Sunday Pot Roast on a Monday because I'm a rule breaker, and we still have Pesto Chicken and Crunchy White Fish Filets to look forward to. Plus that other french toast casserole if I can find a putty knife to free it from its sticky confines.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

yummmmmy-licious!! i'm hungry again and i just ate!

8:40 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh man, I wish they had stuff like that here!

6:58 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

We have something like that here -- I was curious about it but then forgot. Thanks for the reminder. Lord knows we'll need something like this once Jake arrives!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does he even know what a bechamel sauce is?

my husband is clueless.

he didn't even properly appreciate my 3 cheese mac and cheese. he would have been happier with kraft mac and cheese.

philistine!!

also...in entertainment news....jenny mccarthy and jim carrey have been going out. who knew?!? (who cares really)nevertheless, i read it in ted casablanca's "the awful truth" and if it is reported there it must be true!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

C - when you come to visit, just bring a cooler so you can fill it with Super Suppers and Elio's pizza.

B - I understand your pain. We are usually 5-10 years behind the times, and we don't even have the excuse of being in a different country!

R - I've even heard of another one called "Chop Shop." Isn't that where you bring stolen cars?

A - Do it now. It's so easy and you'll be glad you did. Hey - 6-6-06 is almost over and you haven't had the baby. What a relief.

J - I was careful not to call anything by its name, especially bechamel sauce. Our husbands are so alike in eating habits, except mine would never eat macaroni and cheese because it's not "natural." You see, only pasta sauce should go on macaroni. And cheese should never be melted. So many rules to remember.

I'm so glad you love the celebrity dirt too!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home