Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Haven't Rated Anything In Awhile

Starbuck’s Eggnog Latte – Oh, these are dangerous. For those of you not in the know, they steam half milk and half eggnog and the resulting product is beyond words. I plan to dedicate all five pounds of my holiday weight gain to this beverage. Speaking of seasonal beverages, this season I’ve mixed things up a bit and had a peppermint hot chocolate once or twice, but never a gingerbread latte. When I worked there I made the mistake of smelling a bottle of gingerbread syrup and when I opened my eyes I expected to see dog shampoo, you know the disgusting green kind. Stick with the eggnog latte – A.

Licorice Altoids – I don’t even like Altoids, but I love licorice. I think I bought these because I was trying to cut out everything with artificial sweeteners, including gum and mints. These are so curiously strong that they are physically painful. I gave one to my brother-in-law and it brought tears to his eyes. I wouldn’t buy them again, but I may try the ginger ones in the future. C-

Grey’s Anatomy – I have loved Patrick Dempsey since I was a teenager. He has only gotten better with age and just may be number one on my list of celebrities I can sleep with and not get in trouble with my husband. Everyone has one of those, right? I love this show because it’s not such a serious medical drama like ER, and has the feel of a night time soap opera of yore, plus it’s funny. A

Sushi and Subs – This is a restaurant I have avoided for years because I don’t think of sushi when I think of subs, and vice versa. On my neverending quest for a lunch that is moderately healthy and won’t make me want to nap afterwards, I tried it. The sushi that is, not the subs because that would just be weird. It was equivalent to the sushi sold at Publix, but less expensive and a larger quantity. I don’t have any visible signs of food poisoning yet, so I will give it a B.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I am going to get an eggnog latte in the morning!
I do like the ginger altoids...but like anything they make, they are VERY strong.

2:38 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Patrick Dempsey makes me want to do naughty things. When in the world did he get so incredibly HOT?????

I just wish his character on Grey's Anatomy would dump his wife already...for me! ;)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

Mary - I ordered a grande eggnog latte today and they only had venti cups. I now have a belly ache and have gained one holiday pound.

Alicia - Patrick totally had a nose job. I just saw a picture of him from Can't Buy Me Love.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home