Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Doggy Steps

My father is the most difficult person to shop for. He is one of those people who buys everything he wants right away. This leaves three standard gifts that I rotate through: polo shirts, golf balls, and Best Buy gift cards. I'm pretty sure I've even bought him boring t-shirts and underpants in the past just to throw something new into the mix. And I try not to get my feelings hurt when I go to his house and find things like dress shirts from five Christmases ago still in their boxes.

Imagine my delight when I saw this on TV the other day:



This will be perfect for helping his 18-year-old cat get onto the bed every night. I think I'm going to order it, and I can predict two things that will happen when he receives it. 1) He will say "I could have made that myself." 2) The cat will croak the next day.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

Too funny. I hope the cat doesn't croak - but my parents would say the same thing.

7:03 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I'm trying hard not to snort Aquafina out my nose, but if I read your post again, it will be inevitable!

Verification word: qrptfdm

Definition: The sound Aquafina makes as it snorts out one's nose.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I think I'd reconsider ordering it! You are exactly right...that will be ashley's kiss of death. It's murphy's law.

Myabe I should help my mom out and order one for the weasel. What do you think, Carolyn???

8:36 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I bet the company that makes "Doggie Steps" never thought about a cat needing a help up. Looks to me like they need to change the name!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

As Seen On TV thinks of everything!

5:10 PM  
Blogger T said...

Do they make them in adult human size? I could use a set of those for the I'm too lazy to even think about climbing into bed so I think I'll sleep right here days.

5:25 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Ashley is the only cat you've ever owned that likes me...how sad is that?!?

1:01 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Ha ha ha!!

The last time I went to visit my mom, I packed all the gifts I'd bought her that were still in boxes in her closets and brought them back home with me!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Forget these steps for the Weasel. He doesn't even have the energy to make it up the first step.

Verification word_ sniziar.... Bless You!

5:19 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I was actually in Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday and the guy in front of me brought over the Doggy Steps to show his wife. His wife was like, "We're not getting that!!!" So he went and put it back.

I silently snorted to myself, thinking of you.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm not answering my phone until you update your blog. I predict I'll only make it about 3 hrs, so please update this freaking thing!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home