Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This Is A Day Late

But unlike most people I did not have the day off. My only consolation was not having to slow down for multiple school zones.

Long ago, and so very far away I was dating the first guy in a long line of dumb asses. We were talking on the phone one night and I asked him if he had Martin Luther King day off from work. He said "I don't think so, I don't work with that many black people." I distinctly remember taking a deep breath and making a conscious effort not to scream into the phone "IT'S A NATIONAL HOLIDAY FOR FUCK'S SAKE! IT'S NOT DECIDED UPON BY THE ETHNICITY OF YOUR COWORKERS."

Yeah, I pretty much knew it was over after that conversation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I just love when you say, "for fuck's sake."

8:23 PM  
Blogger T said...

no matter what kind of day I have you always make me laugh woman

9:35 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

C- "for fuck's sake" is as satisfying as "douche bag" to me. Go on, say it out loud.

T- Thank you, that makes me feel like less of a bitch.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Oh my God! That is so funny.

1:50 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh man, that is just too too funny. I think I dated that guy's brother.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

"For fuck's sake." it feels good just to write it. I'm going to try and incorporate it into my wdl's (words of daily living).

6:22 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh for fuke's sake Cory - you made me laugh so hard my co-workers came running to see what was so "fuck sakin" funny. I think I dated his father - you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. One of these days we are going to have a "who dated the biggest loser" contest. I'm going to win that one.. honest!!! Just wait - I've got a couple in the bag.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home