Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Someone Should Probably Stop Me

About five years ago I joined Curves gym and had great success. I was dropping inches and pounds on a daily basis. For whatever reason, I decided that this made no sense at all, and I stopped going and resumed eating handfuls of m&m’s on the couch every night.

About two years ago I moved to a new neighborhood and thought that since I had just turned 30 it was time to start worrying about my cholesterol and blood pressure, etc. That’s hilarious when I read that sentence, I kill me. Sometimes my ideas are so grandiose. So I joined a Curves about 3 miles away from my house. Since my problem involves getting to the gym, rather than actually working out, I constantly made excuses about how far away and inconvenient it was. I went twice that year which averages out to $186 a visit. Money well spent, no?

Today I saw that they are opening a new Curves in my Publix plaza which is about 1 mile from my house and on my way home from work. I have no excuse and I’m kind of sick of m&m’s. I’m having more of those grandiose ideas that I will join and magically transform myself into a size 2 by my high school reunion next fall. I haven’t been a size 2 since middle school, but I think it could happen. What?

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

You're doing better than me...I have never, ever been a size two in my whole life. That includes when I was born. I swear I have been between a 10 and a 12 since time began...which does come in handy when I want to wear my acid washed Chic (pronounced "chick" of course) jeans from the 8th grade.

I think I'm going to join the gym again also...but here's my tip...only join for one month at a time. Seriously. I don't care if you save 2.00 a month by buying 15 yrs worth upfront...do not do it. That's the kiss of death. I worked out religiously for almost two years (while paying monthly the whole time), then bought the year membership (actually it was given to me...I'd never have done that) and went about three times that year.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me the hell up. I have to admit...that place scares me a little. Don't you have to like do certain machines in a certain order, and they're all laid out in a circle, and their windows are all frosted over and stuff? It's too cultish for me. Or I'm too nonformist. I can't decided which. In any case, good luck!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Truthfully, I don't think I was ever a size 2 either. I went straight from a girls 14 to a women's 9. Ah, the good old days.

Heather - it does work. I lost 7 lbs. and 7 inches the first month without being on a diet. And no men, so no one really cares how they look.

6:45 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I might do it too after the baby is born - there's one about 2 miles from my house. Of course, I'm being optimistic that I'll have time...ha ha ha. As if.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Chic jeans! Oh my god I had forgot all about those. I swear my ass never looked better than in those jeans.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh girl, I didn't just have Chic jeans, I had the two tone (light, acid washed front, darker back) pair! How embarrasing!

12:56 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I never had Chic jeans, but I did have Calvin Kleins and Gloria Vanderbilts. I always wanted Chic though.

1:09 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

A size 2? With no number in front or behind the 2? I knew shoes came in that size, but clothes? Surely not!

I belong to a yoga club and pay 3 months at a time. That way if real life gets too much in the way, I'm not out too much cash. We had a horrible experience with a Sport City gym (run by the minions of Beelzebub) and full-year memberships ... never, ever again.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home