Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Millionth Little Person To Beat This Dead Horse

I’ve finally caved. I’m writing this before watching Oprah today, so I may change my opinion later about the whole thing. But for now I am sick of hearing about how James Frey falsified facts in his book “A Million Little Pieces.” Allow me to illustrate:

1. The Smoking Gun just ruined this man’s career and probably his life too. I recently found out that they’re owned by Court TV, otherwise I have no idea what their motive would be. Did they make money from this whole controversy?

2. People do not solicit Oprah to have their book become part of her book club. She picks them, therefore if she was duped or conned; she needs to take responsibility for it.

3. Who does not embellish when writing? Even if it was all fiction, it still made for a good story.

4. If he was as drunk and high as he claims, it’s amazing that he remembers anything at all from that whole period of his life.

5. His only mistake was saying that the book was 100% true, when in fact he should have said it was “based on a true story,” or that “some of the details had been changed,” etc.

6. I am tired of hearing/reading/seeing this every place I go. Let’s move on to something more important like the sex of Brangelina’s baby, or God forbid a serious topic like the bird flu. We haven’t run that into the ground yet.

7. Why do we live in a society where we strive to humiliate and hurt each other? I bring this up because I’m pretty sure I was called a stupid c*nt by association in the comments section of Christine’s blog. (If the very brave “Anonymous” also reads my blog, (s)he can kiss my natural ass as we say here in the South.)

8. This whole thing has made me so angry that I actually spoke ill of Oprah. That's something only a stupid c*nt would do.

4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

2 things.... 1. sadly,people hurt and belittle each other to feel better about themselves.. i.e. Jerry Springer.. people don't watch that show for education or to gain understanding and hope, they do it to feel like their lives are better then his vast array of messed up guests.

and 2.... your tagged babe. Go check it out...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

God, what a stupid c**t you are! ; ) Hey, the c-word can be fun! Hell with the f bomb, I've got a new toy! Try this one, I just made up,
(sung to the tune of that old Dr. Pepper jingle)

"I'm a c**t,
you're a c**nt,
wouldn't you like to be a c**t too?"

Now back to the book, I haven't even read it, but you know what? I don't give a rats ass if it was made up or not. It still seems like something I would read if I had the time to actually read a book (or shave my legs, or do laundry so people in this house could have clothes to wear...but I'm getting waay off the subject).

9:06 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I don't know why everyone in the media is making a big deal about this...and nobody would have given a rat's ass in the first place if Oprah wasn't involved.

Love,
Your fellow cunt

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, baby cakes, I could not have said it better myself. I agree on all counts. ALL COUNTS.

P.S. Feel better soon.
P.S.S. You reminded me of my favorite line from American Dad, a show I hate but will tolerate for the simple fact of this quote:

"She was being a real see you next Tuesday..."

(that one took me a little while...)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home