Thursday, February 09, 2006

Embarrassing Moment # 482

I Do Stupid Things.

I routinely run over curbs, scrape my hubcaps in drive thrus and banks, burn holes in the kitchen counter with candles (shh...Joe doesn't know about that one yet), burn myself while cooking, and ruin clothing because I wash lights with darks.

I Do Embarrassing Things.

Like split my poorly sewn pants, fall down in public, fall backwards off my seat at my own bachelorette party, and drink too much.

Last night I did something that falls in both categories. My friends and I went to a martini bar for Beverly's birthday. I drank far too many Almond Joy martinis, because come on, wouldn't you? They were delicious and a very pretty pink color which still puzzles me, but whatever. We were sitting in a corner, behind the DJ booth in the very crowded bar and I was giving Beverly a special, personalized birthday gift. I was singing to her that Crystal Waters song "from the back to the middle and around again, I'm going to be there to the end, 100% pure love." There may have been some accompanying head bopping and arm movements, I really don't want to know. In the middle of the song the DJ turned a SPOTLIGHT on me and yelled into the microphone "Sing It!"

People have just stopped talking about that time I fell off my chair. It's going to take years to live this one down. Asshole.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

I hope you took a bow!
Chin up!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

If it makes you feel any better, I never did stop talking about the backwards flip you did off the chair at your b-party.

You forgot to mention the time you found the secret door into John Malkovich's head and saw someone you knew. That was pretty embarrasing.

Oh, and the time you...never mind, I better stop before you kill me.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

That's pretty damn funny. Aside from your chicks - was there anyone else there you knew? In other words - what the hell!!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I just can't believe I wasn't there to witness this one!!! You are a true gem, Cory and I love you!!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger T said...

just another shining example of why your so damn perfect woman... I hope you did a little sexy dance just for the DJ!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

God I wish I could have been there.... but then you would have had to teach me the words to the song so we could have BOTH stood up on the table to sing!! You gotta love what those martinis will do to you... they should just call them the "STUPID DRINKS"

9:58 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I was the girl across the room laughing so hard that my Stupid Drink came out my nose. Thank god the spotlight was already on you, and no one noticed me.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous mental image for my Monday. Thank you :)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home