Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Christine!

Funny how being older was advantageous when we were young. You were the first to drive, get into an R rated movie, vote, buy alcohol, etc. Now as we age, things are looking up for me. I'll be the last one to get Botox, buy Metamucil, and wear orthopedic shoes. Ha! Since I suffer from paralysis when faced with writing mushy sentiments in greeting cards, I will write them here for the world wide web to read.

There is not one thing we haven't been through together: birth, death, relationships, break ups, marriage, divorce, middle school, high school, college, first jobs, first "real" jobs, successes, failures, and getting our wisdom teeth taken out.


Everyone should have a best friend like you. Someone who has known her for 20 years and is not yet sick of her, someone who knows her so completely and shares so many private jokes that people around them continually tell them that they’re only funny to each other. Everyone should have someone who they can call at any time, even if it’s the 7th time that day, and sing as a greeting “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.”

Happy birthday Toots. There is no one I’d rather lie in bed with reading self help books with a box of Dunkin Donuts between us. I love you like a fat kid loves cake.


***I've been instructed to clarify that this photo was taken when Christine was 8 months pregnant.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

You guys are too sweet! What fun it's been reading everyone's blog birthday greetings!

Thank you so much Conseula...what an absolutely true post. That's exactly how i feel about our friendship. I don't know how I would have survived with you these last 20 yrs (HOLY, HOLY SHIT! We are OLD!).

Love you! Oh, and don't be too happy, one day you'll be 33 too.

P.S. Can I add one very important thing we survived together? Marineland.

2:27 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Awwww - you did good with the Hallmark sentiments, Cory! :)

*I* am actually the one who will be last to get Botox and all of that crazy stuff...except that, let's face it...knowing me, I'll actually be the first to have it done out of sheer vanity.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE! WE LOVE YOU!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christine!!

Love,
Birge

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home