Friday, March 24, 2006

Git R Done!

While I was just on the Netflix page for the sole purpose of rating The Dukes of Hazzard a big fat one out of five stars, I noticed that they have this new feature where they list which rentals are popular in your city. The Blue Collar Comedy Tour was number one on my list. Why does that not suprise me?

Recently I came across some blog in which the writer said that Git R Done (Larry The Cable Guy made that up) had become the new catch phrase at his office. As in his boss saying "get the job done." That makes me feel so icky because, is it my trashy mind, or isn't that a clear reference to having sex with a woman? I'm proud to say I've never watched The Blue Collar Comedy Tour, but I thought it was kind of common knowledge. Am I wrong?

I've said too much. Now you know that I know who Larry the Cable Guy is, and you know that I rented The Dukes of Hazzard of my own volition. AND now I'm going to get Google hits for "Git R Done!"

5 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Shame on you. The Dukes of Hazzard. And I had such high hopes ... sigh ...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

To make matters worse...Larry the Cable Guy has his own movie coming out.

On a funny note, I had to fight with a "d-list" celebrity when buying this house - we had a bidding war and I one - you'll never guess who it was. Okay I'll tell you. The guy in all the Hemi commercials that climbs up on the trucks and says "Is that a Hemi in there?" His name is Jon Reep. I can't stand the thought of him walking around barefoot in MY house - and swimming in my pool.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Ummm, despite living just a couple of hours from the original redneck riviera (yes, vacation spot to Britney and K-dog...that should tell you all you need to know), I have never been prouder to admit I have no clue who someone is. I think everytime Larry's name comes up I just go on auto pilot.

I did, however, see The Dukes of Hazzard. I think every child born in the early '70 just had to.

Now, as for Git r done...I can't even believe I just typed that...I feel scared thinking of it for too long...like the longer I think about it, the more chances I have that it will permanently embed in my brain.

Bleck! Back on autopilot I go.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

opps...I one? What the heck? no more typing and wine sipping!

I WON!!!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

R - I must have read it on your blog. Sorry I called you a "he." Do people still say it?

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home