Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh My Freak

1. This is the first time ever that I've posted a photo without using flickr and it has actually worked. I realize that I'm the only one who is excited about this.

2. This is a picture of my nephew that I lifted from my sister's flickr account. It's appropriately titled "When dad picks the outfit." It makes me cry from the laughter and laugh from all the crying.

3. Don't fool yourself into thinking that groceries at Super Target are as cheap as those at Super Walmart. Also, don't try to "pick up a few things" when you are hungry because you will end up spending $78.49 and eating a dinner of rasperry juice pops, crab rangoon (frozen), steakhouse rolls (worth another trip to their bakery), steak, creme brulee (frozen), with broccoli (very old) thrown in to keep the guilt at bay. You will also buy things like salmon with dill already on it--because that's very hard to apply yourself, and pears that come in a special plastic package that has a ripeness indicator. And you will tell yourself that the ripeness indicator was worth the extra $2.00, because then the pears won't go bad. That would just be wasteful, you know.

4. I've had the hiccups for so long now that I've asked Joe to kill me 3 times already.

5. Alicia - don't read this!! My friend from work went to the hospital on Saturday night
to deliver a baby girl. She will be coming home with a baby boy, but not because they switched the babies at the hospital. I didn't know this could still happen. Especially since she had a 3-D ultrasound and everything.

6. One day I'm going to do a post on all the reasons why it must be fun to be married to me, but for now I will just give the example of me presently pestering Joe to turn off The Alamo, by using the rationale that we all know how it ends. He's too full of steakrolls and perfectly ripe pears to argue with me right now.

7. Design a Blog has gone out of business. Right after I earned a free re-design. What's up with that?

8. Meredith Grey is somewhat of a slut, no? That's all for now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

Frozen creme brulee'....????

Don't know why you couldn't see the tag. Try again.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

In the words of a wise 1 yr old, "I don't know" about Meredith Gray...who the hell is she?

As for buying groceries at Target...I stopped (even though we don't have a super target, but still) when I looked at my receipt and saw they charged $7.49 for frozen chicken nuggets. Now the only edible thing I buy there is their box o'wine. Wait, did I just admit I actually purchase that stuff?

6:50 AM  
Blogger MysteryGirl said...

I agree..the novelty of having a super Target has worn off for me. I didn't have one in Virginia. I recently realized it's so expensive to buy groceries there. But since you recommended those steakhouse rolls I've had my eye on, I'm going back. I can't promise that's all I will buy, but I sure will try.

12:20 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Wow, Christine - you need to get youself a DVR or Tivo! Grey's Anatomy is the best show on television!

Okay, Cory, you've got me a little freaked out about the baby thing (sorry, had to read it). We're getting another ultrasound done (3D) at the end of this month to double-check that we are indeed having a boy. Don't want any surprises come delivery day!

And yeah, Meredith is a slut, but I have hope that she and McDreamy will get together and all will be right with the world and she will stop her skanky ways.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Christine just needs to stop watching Flavor of Love 24/7. (Was that a secret?)

1:08 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Overload.

I'm just back online after three weeks of nothing more challenging than the kids' kids nonstop noise, and you've sledgehammered me over the head.

Ripeness indicators? D-A-B out of biz? The only thing that makes sense is Meredith Grey, who really is too full of herself, and I know because I actually have watched TV during the evenings lately - no computer to keep me company.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Get this...I'm so pissed off. i was too tired to watch Flava-flav on sunday night, so I almost did a backflip when I saw they were replaying it last night. I made it through the entire thing (by walking to the kitchen at every commercial to eat a cookie) ONLY TO FALL ASLEEP 45 mins into it. Yep. I missed the cat fight AGAIN. I woke up a half hour later and nearly cried, but I was too tired.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! If i have to buy flava-flav on dvd, I'm gonna be pissed (and embarrassed...but mostly pissed).

4:04 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

No, Christine. You should be mostly embarassed. What soccer mom in her right mind watches Flava Flav?!? You are a disgrace. Turn in your mom jeans - you've lost the privilege to wear them!

hee hee.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Maybe this is proof that I'm NOT a soccer mom...and not even headed that way! I'm buying the dvd's and putting them out for all to see!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home