Thursday, March 16, 2006

No Title Thursday

Beaufort 027

So this past weekend we went to beautiful and historic Beaufort, SC. Why, you ask, like
everyone else has? Because we're running out of places worth going. Plus, I'm a wee bit
star struck and quite a few movies have been shot there. I can never go to Los Angeles
because I know I would spend all my time taking tours of where the stars live and
where Marilyn Monroe died.

This is the house where the wedding was to take place in Forces of Nature. Remember,
with Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock? Yeah, me neither.

castle

This is the house where The Big Chill was filmed. I'm quite sure that the owners rue
the day they bought it because of all the touristy fascination. This was the best picture
I could get because of the locked gate and all the flora planted around the property.

big chill

This picture was taken especially for Alicia and her husband because they like to name
their tang fish nasty things. And their clown fish for that matter. It makes me love them
all the more.

Beaufort 015

This is the lighthouse that I keep saying Joe made me climb. I really think it was my
idea, and I remember paying for the tickets myself, so I guess I'll have to take full
responsibility for the sore calves I've had all week.

Beaufort 012

Some love Paris in the springtime, but I love the South.

Redbuds

azaleas

On the way home we stopped in Savannah. This would never fly in my development. I
think I can safely say that their neighbors hate them.

Savannah6

This is where Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil took place.

Beaufort 013

And this is where a scene from Something To Talk About was filmed. I love the look that
woman is giving me.

Savannah5

We tried to eat at Lady and Sons. It was laughable. We got there at 12:30 pm and were
told that we could be seated at 3:15 pm. I know it was Sunday and church just let out,
but it's only fried chicken people. It's not like Paula Deen herself was back there cooking it.

3 Comments:

Blogger A. Gator said...

Wow, I love these pictures!!! When we were in Beaufort, we didn't have time to do the touristy thing really. So I can live vicariously through you!

If it makes you feel better, Stephen make me climb that lighthouse too. The view was nice, but on the way up, I swear I thought I was going to die.

Did you guys dine at the House of Tang? My fish, Pooty would've!!! ;)

1:50 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I love the pics, Cory - thanks! I took a camping trip down through the South but it was high summer and h-o-t! Loved what I saw. I'll take the South in springtime over Paris, too.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What no picture of the screaming preachers on the street corners? Do they only come out in summer? Keep the travelogs coming... I love them. Of course nothing can possibly beat last weeks "Little Bed and Breakfast of Horrors"

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home