Wednesday, April 19, 2006

She's a Maniac...Maniac

I’ve been downloading songs like crazy lately. I have this feeling of panic about dying, like “please don’t let it be sudden, so I can have time to clean out my underwear drawer and throw away other embarrassing items like the penis tiara I got for a bachelorette party.” I need to find a way to erase songs from my iPod now, so that I can be remembered as someone with reasonable taste in music.

Purchased this weekend:

“Peg” by Steely Dan
“Accidentally in Love” by Counting Crows (yes, the Shrek theme.)
“Temperature” by Sean Paul

Also purchased this weekend, as proof that some of my taste is still discriminating:

“Rock Superstar” by Cypress Hill (the explicit version!)
“Solsbury Hill” by Peter Gabriel
“The Engine Driver” by The Decemberists

I can sense that someone’s laughing about the Steely Dan song. Cut it out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Seriously, what were you thinking? Even I don't like Accidentally in Love.

Solsbury Hill is one of the few songs I could be stranded on an island with.

12:13 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Okay, #1, I love the song Peg! Reminds me of a very happy dog for some reason.

#2, you will feel better when you see the list of songs I bought this weekend:

When I Need You - Leo Sayer
Fading Away - Will to Power

Though I did get some goodies too:

True Faith - New Order
Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode
Dreaming - Blondie
In a Big Country - Big Country

I GUARAN-MUTHA-FUCKIN-TEE you that my iPod list is more embarassing than yours. I'll even make a post in my blog about it!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Dying? Did I miss a post?

I have rediscovered an old song lately that seems to fit my life currently. "The Wood Song" by The Indigo Girls. Now just looking at the title, many an imaginative mind could write lyrics....:-))

But if you haven't heard it, you should check it out.

"The wood is tired and the wood is old. But we'll be fine if the weather holds. But if the weather holds, we'll have missed the point. And that is where I need to go."

10:00 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Cory - I listened to Peg today in honor of you!

mk99 - I love that song. It's on my iPod. :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on the penis tiara.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

cough up a pic Cory.....our imaginations run wild

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel ya. I too have Solsbury Hill on my iTunes, as well as a number of very indie, very hip songs. However, I also have a great little tune by a band called Wrexk-N-Effect. You might have heard of it. It's called "Rump Shaker." Indeed. Cause, sometimes, ya know, "All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom and a poom-poom. JUST SHAKE YA RUMP." 'Nuff said. There's no shame, girl. No shame.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home