Monday, April 03, 2006

Retribution For Calling Other People "Assholes"

Recently I wrote about how I thought that certain people (not everyone) wore their Bluetooth ear pieces as status symbols. I may have referred to them as “assholes.” That was before I bought an ear piece of my own, because I can only tolerate talking on the phone in the car.

I have fallen in love with this thing. I wear it while I drive. I wear it while I cook. I have even worn it while taking a bath. (I would venture a guess that Motorola does not recommend that.) I love it so much so that my cell phone bill has quadrupled this month. Yes, quadrupled. I talked for 1285 minutes last month and according to my plan, that equals almost $300 in overages. Before I received my bill I was speaking with a customer service rep about my account. When I asked my balance, she actually said “are you ready?”

To balance my karma, I am publicly calling myself a “Bluetooth using asshole.” And to balance my check book, I am giving my phone and earpiece rebates right back to cingular, which I’m sure they anticipated all along.

4 Comments:

Blogger MysteryGirl said...

Remind me to tell you how A. ran up his Cingular bill to over $1,000 and ended up only paying $160.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Are the first president of "Blue Tooth Anonymous"?

Hello, my name is Corey and I am a "blue tooth asshole".

Sorry - it just doesn't fit.

12:55 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

ouch

5:19 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

How's the karma-balancing coming along? Beetle-hood next time around?

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home