Monday, April 17, 2006

Fish For Breakfast

Yesterday my Dad, Joe and I went to Easter brunch. The idea of this gave me knots in my stomach all week. Whenever I observe Joe’s picky eating habits, all I can think is “Oh my God, maybe I did marry my father.”

A few years ago my sister and I took our Dad to Sunday brunch for the first time. It was the best brunch in town, but the concept was completely lost on him. As we walked around I heard him muttering things like “fish for breakfast?” He loaded up his plate with French toast and bacon and I said “Look Dad, all you can eat crab legs and peel and eat shrimp!” He looked at me with disdain and said “I’m having breakfast.”

I was not cooking Easter dinner this year. I usually do, but this year I wasn’t feeling it. I made our reservation for noon so the Misters Picky could pretend they were eating lunch. The closest that breakfast food came to touching lunch food on their plates was a little fresh fruit next to the ham. I think it was a success. Good. Now I don't have to cook next Easter either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked to Dad yesterday and asked him how brunch was. He said, Brunch? We went to lunch, it was good. No lie, you pulled it off sister. They were never the wiser.

Love, B

1:49 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

LOL!!

2:58 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

That is too funny!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home