Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Today Is My 1st Blogiversary

I never thought I would use that word, but I've caved. So, what's going on with me? Not so much, but maybe if I use bullets things will seem more interesting.

  • I am super pissed that Katie Couric is replacing Bob Sheiffer on the CBS evening news. My hatred for her is equal to my love for Bob. I'll now be watching E! news at that time instead.
  • I'm addicted to Splenda and I heard that "they" may be pulling it off the market. The thought of that gives me heart palpitations. Or maybe that's just all the Splenda.
  • This weekend I will be flying in a prop plane due to unforeseen circumstances. I'm not sure just how small that is, but anything smaller than an airbus makes me want to mix a Xanax and Jack Daniels cocktail. If I crash, because small planes seem to crash all the fucking time, I'll see you all on the other side.
  • I like the expression "unforeseen circumstances." I've been using it all day, when I should really be saying "Joe's grandmother is going into Hospice."
  • I've, realized, that, I, use, way, too, many, commas, when, I, write.
  • I loooove Top Chef. It doesn't have quite as much drama as Project Runway, but it's close. I highly recommend it.
  • I just finished reading Wynonna Judd's new autobiography. I'm not a country music fan, but when I saw her on Oprah she seemed like a real person, and a funny one. Her mother is a loathesome creature, which I always knew, but the book confirms it. I enjoyed it.
  • I continue to pray for the strength not to kill those around me on a daily basis.
  • I've begun to get anxious when we don't watch our Netflix movies as soon as we get them. If they lie around for a couple of days, I begin to count the number of movies we've received that month, divide the subscription price by that number, then subtract that number from what Blockbuster charges. (Who said I couldn't do math?) If I'm not satisfied with the number, I think that we're not getting our money's worth. Not much bothers me more than not getting my money's worth. That's the only reason I watched The Dukes of Hazzard - to get it out of the house.
  • I've added My Super Sweet Sixteen to my DVR choices. I don't feel guilty either. I figure that my aggression is better managed by feeling contempt for these girls rather than causing someone bodily harm. Like say, my next door neighbor.
  • I'm still neurotic.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

* I'm so sorry about Joe's grandmother.

* WTF is this splenda crap about??? I hadn't heard that.

* I'm the last remaining Katie Couric fan...even my mom has jumped ship...but I don't think this is a good move. Doesn't seem like the nightly news will showcase her talents enough. She does have some damn nice highlights though...she's my model for how I always want my hair color to look.

* MSSS is not to be missed. G. and I love it. Did you see the show last night w/all the girls???

* Mmmmmm, Jack Daniels and xanax. Flying on a prop plane might be fun after all. If you kick it, can I please have 1.) your book collection and 2.) your Fiestaware and 3.) your patio umbrella (even though I don't have a patio set...or a patio for that matter)?

9:30 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

* Sorry to hear about Joe's grandmother. Hopefully she will be comfortable and Joe will have the chance to say goodbye.

* Stephen used to work for J&J - it's very unlikely that they are pulling Splenda from the shelves. There are much worse chemicals in other brands!

* Katie does have great highlights. I think Matt will be lost without her. The chick from The View just doesn't have Katie's perkiness.

* You will be just fine, but if you kick it, can I please have 1.) your fine china, 2.) your keen decorating sense, 3.) your Friends DVD collection? Christine beat me to your book collection, damn her.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

*Hooray for bullets.

*Thank you for your support.

*If I kick it, you can definitely inherit what you've picked, but remember that Barbie and Skipper will need a new home...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

* Oh shit. Alicia, told me (in confidence one night while drizunk as a skizunk) that her life would be complete if she could one day have Barbie and Skipper.

* Sorry to do you so wrong Alicia.

* Yesssss, got the book collection!

* Oh, and I do like Meredith Viera...i used to watch her on that OLD show called 48th or 42nd or something Street. It was like an old version of Dateline.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

P.S. I thoughtfully left your grandmother's sapphire ring for Birdge. I'm good like that.

7:26 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

* Don't forget what happened to the last 2 cats we had...Stephen took them "to the farm" (really, we found new homes for them, but it's more fun to say "to the farm" and it makes me less sad about it).

9:43 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Because I missed your blogiversary, I will humbly request, in the event that unforseen events occur, and you kick it, nothing more than your extraneous commas. One can never have too many commas.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home