Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Yahoo Mail Has Shit The Bed

I've had the same Yahoo mail account for years upon years. In my mind, Yahoo = good and dependable. I've never had any problems with this account, and it's never let me down. Or so I thought. In the past six months I've been made aware of jillions of emails that I've never received. One out of town friend thought I'd written her off completely. Also, I've learned that emails I've sent have never made it to the recipients. The kicker was when I RSVP'd to a shower, and when I showed up the hostess shouted "Oh, hi Cory, Ms. No RSVP." This isn't good for my anger issues, as my first inclination was to punch her in the face.

I use this account for work too, which is stupid. Stupid because knowing what I know now, I've probably been sending dirty jokes and very personal things to colleagues on accident. Unreliable email is not something I can add to my list of worries. I try to keep that list short. AOL is out, and I'm afraid that Hotmail will screw me too. I'm thinking about Gmail. Any opinions? Google = good, and it's never let me down. That I know of anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Gator said...

I just sent you a Gmail invite. I've always used Yahoo too, and not ever had any problems that I know of, but I've found the most reliable to be through my Road Runner account at home. Gmail is good too.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

Thank you both. I just set up a new account.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Download gtalk and we can chat while we're at work. He he he...

Gmail is good and the account is ginormous.

Love, B

1:15 PM  
Blogger T said...

God I've missed reading your blog- you crack my crabby ass up woman. Loved the bluetooth entry too- I too was a bluetooth wearing asshole- until my dog ate it. And I bought another one. And the little shit climbed on the table, got it out of my purse and ate that one too. Apparently he doesn't like the wired headpieces any more than i do so that's what I use now. Argh

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home