Friday, April 21, 2006

Travel Log NJ/NY

I totally forgot about this. Two weekends ago we went north to see Joe's grandmother. We're so glad we did because she died this week. Our original plan was to fly one leg on a prop plane, which still gives me the cold sweats. Because of bad weather, we were rerouted and got to fly on a big plane. Thank God. I was about to make a tacky joke about one death in the family being enough at this time.

This was our rental car. When asked what we wanted, we said "Oh, just give us what all the old people are driving these days." It was a Buick LeSabre, which Joe drove through New York Freaking City, but more on that later.

This is Joe's uncle's dog. You can't tell from the pictures, but he weighs 175 lbs. You read that right. This is what happens when a Lab, a St. Bernard, and a moose have a threesome:




Our last night we got to stay in my favorite place in the whole world. Or at least in the U.S.:


Sigh. Joe won't let us move here. Something about it costing a fortune and being "a miserable place." Whatever, dude. When we were flying in, I finally understood that this is how other people feel about going to Las Vegas. The next time I go there, I will try not to make as much fun of the girls across the aisle singing Viva Las Vegas (true story.)


Anyway, Joe drove the oldpersonmobile into, out of, and all around the city. And he only said one swear word. One. That makes four in the three plus years we've known each other. Thank God he accepts me as I am because I'm sure as fuck not changing my vocabulary any time soon.

Just one more. We felt like rock stars in this hotel room.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Great pics!

175lbs??? How much food does that dog eat a day?

Joe said a fucking swear word? Holy shit. Hopefully he had cotton stuffed in his ears when I was there visiting.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I think the dog eats other dogs for meals. Or small children.

I told Joe he was my hero after he said the fucking swear word. I don't think it helped his stress level that I laughed for the rest of the ride.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

If they run low on dogs to feed Goliath, I have two I'd like to offer them and if you catch me on the right day, I have a few kids too.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

What an animal! And then there is the dog.

12:39 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Wow, even at 8+ months pregnant, that dog still weighs more than me. That's enough to lift my ego a little bit!

I abso-fucking-lutely LOVE NYC. Sorry about Joe's grandmother though.

Great pics by the way! Where did you stay? That view is incredible!

I wish I could have seen Joe cuss. I would pay good money for that!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

We stayed at the Millineum. I know I spelled that wrong. It was across the street from the U.N. I didn't want to leave.

8:54 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I'll have to remember that!

Word verification: necfyoo

Definition: What Joe said when he was pissed off.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home