Friday, June 09, 2006

Next Victim

I was never a big fan of MTV’s Road Rules. I did watch the first couple of all 27 seasons of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge though. It was there that I first saw Theo Vonkurnatowski.

I don’t like Theo. He’s obnoxious and there’s something amiss about his face. I love reality TV, but it makes me insane when people are able to earn a living off appearing in one show after another. Am I jealous? Probably.

Theo’s impressive resume includes:

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: He Says/She Says: Battle for the Battle of the Sexes (host)
The Real World/Road Rules Casting Special 2001 (host)
Road Rules Season 9: The Maximum Velocity Tour
Battle of the Network Reality Stars
He’s thanked on Josh Kelley's album "For the Ride Home." WTF?

Imagine my surprise when I recently saw Theo on Last Comic Standing. He’s changed his name to Theo Von. Oddly enough, that’s something we have in common. If my husband’s ancestors hadn’t shortened their surname, I too would have one with as many syllables as Vonkurnatowski.

On last week’s episode he said “I was on MTV Road Rules years ago. I feel like a lot of times people don’t take me seriously as a comedian because I’ve been on television before. Let’s put it up on the stage, let’s see what’s going on.”

Apparently I’m not the only one who's sick of him. Here’s a quote from realityblurred.com: “No, we don’t take you seriously because you’re pretending as though you didn’t also appear on five Challenge shows—including one that debuted 22 hours earlier!—and Bravo’s train wreck Battle of the Network Reality Stars.”

Theo didn’t make it past the second round in Last Comic Standing. He wasn’t that funny anyway, but I think the real reason this happened is so that he’ll have to get an actual job. Hey Theo – it’s called health insurance. It’s called a 401K. And it’s also called a reason to get out of bed before 2:00 pm every day. Try it, it’s about time.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Who the fuck is Josh Kelly??? Am I the only one who doesn't know this?

His face is seriously messed up...it's his nose I think. I can't even bring myself to watch Road Rules OR Last Comic Standing, so I don't have much to say about him beyond that, but if you hate him, so do I. I got your back, sistah.

9:58 PM  
Blogger MysteryGirl said...

You should know Josh Kelly, just probably not by name. He might be just another sell out by now so you might enjoy his cd. ha!

I agree, that is an odd shaped face. Maybe the nose doesn't go with the chin? I don't remember him on Road Rules. I'm with Christine. If you never liked him, I probably didn't either which is why I can't even remember him. Blocked.

11:25 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I was not impressed with Theo on Last Comic Standing, but the dude with celebral palsy was HILARIOUS!!! Loved him and hope he wins.

This is one pseudo reality tv show that I can get into.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Is Josh Kelly the one who sings "You Lift Me Up?" Goofy, with curly hair?

Yes! I hope the dude with CP wins too. And it's not like a pity vote or anything, he's truly hilarious.

6:34 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I think that's Josh Groban...or something like that. Stephen's mom listens to him. He's like 22 but sounds like an old man.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't watch last comic standing but i can comment on realworld/roadrules. i was an avid watcher of both shows until it became all about hooking up. the people became vapid and uninteresting and just plain stupid.

and there IS something very wrong with theo's nose.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home