Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Probably Shouldn't Have Access To A Debit Card

Last week I had to train a bunch of people at work, therefore I had to make a trillion copies and assemble packets. I gave myself a 15 minute window to complete this task. Surprise! I was the only person in the office and the copy machine was out of toner. I couldn't tell you where extra toner was, and highly doubt that we even had a backup. I booked it to Kinko's and made the copies just in time. For the low price of $45.53. I'm almost afraid to submit the receipt for reimbursement.

Later that day I went to the grocery store and noticed that they had manchego cheese, which I'd been wanting to try. I couldn't find a price, and didn't think it would cost that much. When I got home and looked at the receipt, I saw that it cost $7.83 for a 4 oz. piece. I don't normally spend that kind of money on cheese, being lactose intolerant and all. The worst part is that it's so delicious and I can't wait to buy some more. Only 57% of the calories come from fat, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

The same thing happened to me with some Washington state cherries a couple of weeks ago. Hey, publix said they were on sale, so I grabbed a pack. Um, I ended up paying 8.00 for a little thing of cherries. I nearly died! I don't even like cherries!

THe receipt said the price was $2.99/lb OFF the normal price! Holy shit! When did cherries get so expensive?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Stupid Publix. I tried to buy a crenshaw melon a few weeks ago and thought it was .99. Turns out it was .99 a lb. It rang up at $8.81! Luckily I caught it in time and had her take it off. Now the sign says .99, and someone has handwritten in "a pound." Makes me feel like I wasn't the only one who made that mistake.

8:31 PM  
Blogger MysteryGirl said...

c.- I could have fed-exd you some WA state cherries for that price!

cl- The grocery stores around here are pulling the same shit with the sign trickery. You literally have to watch everything as it rings up.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

stupid publix. at least they made up for it last week w/bogo lays chips.

k - next time i'm calling you.

8:05 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Hey, if you think that's bad...I bought a little block of fresh mozzarella cheese a few weeks back for over $9 -- when I got home and took a bite, I discovered it was bad. And yeah, I was pregnant at the time. Fuckers.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home