Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Scared

Phase III of Operation: Class Reunion© possessed me to pay a small fortune for these yesterday. It brought back memories of that summer four years ago when my BFF* and I used the original, wimpy Crest Whitestrips for what I believe was Operation: We're Both Single at the Same Time, So Let's Find New Boyfriends©.

I can't describe the pain and misery these caused. Sure, they worked, but at what price? I had to give up margaritas and everything else sour for several months. We had to invent a new language which involved moving our mouths as little as possible. We had to turn away the air conditioning vents in our cars because the air blowing on our teeth was agony. We may have shed a few tears from time. Someone may have even explained to her boss why she was acting so funny. But our teeth were white. We must have recovered before meeting our new boyfriends, because really, who wants to date a girl who has to rearrange every part of her life to minimize teeth pain caused by vanity?

*My BFF is no secret, I just didn't want to throw her under the bus. Wait a minute, I just remembered her post about me getting so drunk I lay face down on the grass in front of a Denny's. In a dress and heels. Nevermind, CHRISTINE!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

I am such a teeth person.....the whiter the better. Let ne know how these work out. I want to get the Zoom whitening thing done, but at $500?! I'll wait till they have it at walmart.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

you suck.

I just laughed so hard...I think the best part was Operation Dessert Shelia. no, wait, I mean Operation We're both single! ha!

You are one brave fool.

Hey, you should have gone to their website, they have a $5 or $6 coupon on it. Or you could have had me mail mine to you...I was too impatient and had to buy mine that day (they mail the coupon), so I never used it.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I definitely used a coupon. They were on sale too, and still cost $25.00+. Prepare for my weeping phone call.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

you totally rock girl!!! you have my undying gratitude.....anything you want...within reason!...is yours!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post reminds me of the episode of friends when ross whitened his teeth and they glowed in the dark.

and i think i need to read the post about you face down in the grass at denny's.....

9:35 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

You have to tell us if this stuff works!!
I have a coupon for BriteSmile (half off) but the 3 days of eating nothing but white food after makes me keep putting it off. I can't live without coffee for three days!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

that's funny. I have used some of the white strips from time to time, and I have to wonder if there is an easier or more painless way- aside from giving up Dr. Pepper, cuz that's not gonna happen.
I'm not sure why you can't see my blog... I guess maybe its the format or something. I have the same operating system at work and at home and Christine's blog looks different when I see it at work as opposed to at home. Not sure why, though.

12:21 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I haven't even started gearing up for Operation Class Reunion yet. I'm not even allowed to exercise until I get the okay from my dr in 3 weeks. Think I can lose 25 pounds in less than months?!?

Me neither.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Jen - I've convinced my husband to do this with me and he threatened to get a black light like on the Friends episode. That was a classic.

Mary - I can't even think of 3 days worth of white foods to eat.

Becky - I'll continue to try through different browsers. If you're approved by Christine and Alicia, that's all I need.

Beth - my pleasure.

Alicia - remind me to tell you about the diet pills that made me feel suicidal.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home