Friday, June 16, 2006

Britney, Britney, Britney

This is the expression I've been wearing since watching your Dateline interview last night. I don't know what I found most disturbing. Was it your boobs hanging out of your shirt? Or the mention that you're worth $100 million, then showing your chewed off fingernails with chipped polish? Was it your weird body language and facial expressions when saying how strong your marriage is? Or how about saying that you didn't know your husband's girlfriend was pregnant when you got together? Perhaps it was answering that you didn't know how pregnant you were? "I don't know. Six or seven months." I've personally never met a woman who didn't know exactly how pregnant she was down to the week, but that's just me.

Oh, I know what it was. It was the fact that you requested to do the interview, then showcased your ignorance even further. You gave the general public even more reason to make fun of you. Maybe you did sit on your dad's lap while he was driving when you were young, but I'll bet you weren't an infant, and we all know much better now. For future reference, saying "we're country" is not a valid excuse for any mistake you make.

I did have moments when your pain touched my cold, dead heart. I am sorry that your life has been ruined by the tabloids. But I'm begging you to stop making it so easy for them, and to stop giving them so much material to work with.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

"We're country." I had forgotten about that "quote". I thought I was going to throw my tv off the second floor of my house if she made her "quote" hand gesture again.

AAAAAAAArgh!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that you for the synopsis.
i CANNOT believe i missed this interview!

although it sounded as though it was painful to watch but irresistible at the same time.

like looking at a car wreck.

was she chewing gum the whole time? i swear she always has a big honking wad of gum in her mouth.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just read where britney might have her baby in namibia too.

can't this girl have an original thought?

i hope namibia says "NO"

1:22 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I can't believe I forgot about the gum! Yes, she chewed it the whole time. I know there are some great recaps out there today. Look at Dlisted's if you want more pictures. He's hilarious.

Why the hell would she want to have her baby in Namibia? What a moron.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Davenholl said...

Let me get this straight. She marries a "playa" who has knocked up his girlfriend twice, marries the lo-sah, has one offspring and now here comes k-fed junior number two (oops she did it AGAIN?) which she wants to pop out in some African hospital. What are they giving discounts or sumpin'? So glad my teen daughter doesnt emmulate her!

2:55 PM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

Did you happen to notice when Matt Lauer asked her what kind of music she would try for future albums and she said, "I'm still looking for my nick"

Call me crazy, but I think she meant niche.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home