Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Recipe For Creamed Corn

  • Cut the kernals off 4-5 ears of fresh corn.
  • Saute in a skillet with no less than 1/2 stick of butter.
  • Add salt and pepper.
  • Stir often.
  • Turn down heat and add a little milk. Allow to simmer.
  • Serve corn and exclaim "Oh my God, this is right up there with my mother's!" (Quick aside - I've never once heard her compliment her own cooking. It may be a Southern thing that I didn't inherit.)
  • Wrap up uneaten corn.
  • All next day say little prayers that your husband didn't eat the corn before you could get home.
  • Heave a sigh of relief when you see that he didn't.
  • Microwave for two minutes.
  • Eat entire bowl in less than 3 minutes, crying out to the cats "this is some of my best work ever!"
  • Lie on couch moaning in pain and holding stomach for the rest of the evening.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

This is why i love you.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Davenholl said...

I was subjected to creamed corn as a child and after reading your blog posting I had to clean up my keyboard....but your hilarious!

3:10 PM  
Blogger MysteryGirl said...

I'm soooo going to try to make this! Thanks for the easy recipe. You know I'm always looking for simplicity!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, your mom cooked this for me years ago, and just the thought of it still makes my mouth water. And you're right, I have NEVER heard her compliment her own cooking. She's too humble for her own good. If I cooked half as good as her, I'd be all 'Damn, look me. I rock."

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this recipe sounds divine.

must it be fresh corn? or can you use frozen?

and the day i made rachel ray's recipe for meatloaf i burst into spontaneous applause for myself it was that good.

9:46 AM  
Blogger A. Gator said...

I was going to say the exact same thing Christine said.

3:20 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'm going to have to try this. I may skip the last bit, though.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I love you guys too.

I think you really have to use fresh corn. I prefer white, but I've been told there's no difference. It may be so good because it's one of those things you can only have once a year.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home