Thursday, September 22, 2005

Who Am I?

Something very strange has happened to me this year. Something other than the fact that I actually like Mariah Carey’s new album, which makes me question my very existence on this earth. I’ve turned into someone who Christmas shops all year long. I used to wait until December like everyone else. I remember two years ago when I moved out of my apartment on a Tuesday night, and went Christmas shopping the Wednesday night afterward. Between the crowds, no parking, the picked over selection of gifts, and how mean people were, I thought about it and realized that moving from my second floor apartment with a pinched nerve in my neck was the lesser of two evils. I plan to be finished shopping by the end of this October. Since I have made the executive decision to put a moratorium on gift wrap and only use gift bags, I will have everything wrapped by November 1st. Zippity doo da. I will spend this December drinking hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire, trying to keep my Christmas tree alive for a change, and only going to the mall if I want to sit on Santa’s lap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home