Wednesday, September 14, 2005

TMI

Yikes! I now know why someone invented the expression “too much information.” I always thought that asking an acquaintance how they are is a rhetorical question and the answer is “fine.” Just fine. Today I saw someone who I work with very rarely. I made the mistake of asking her how she was, and then I got to hear the gory details of her kidney infection. I learned that she’s spotting, her urine is dark, she has trouble inserting suppositories because her rectum is tilted, and that this infection is not from sex because she hasn’t had any in 13 years. I literally had to sit down after hearing all of this because I felt light headed. Jesus lady, I will probably have nightmares tonight from the visuals in my head. Lesson learned: politely say hello and keep on walking.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Gator said...

That's not just too much information -- that's more information than I think I would ever want to hear in my lifetime!!!! Ewwwwwww!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home