Thursday, September 08, 2005

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

This is a list of odd occurences in my life that make me realize it's a small world after all:

1988 – While traveling with my family in Virginia, I ran into my friend Tina from home in a Burger King.

1992 – I moved to Tallahassee, FL. Two friends from home had just moved into my apartment complex. In the same building. I was not close enough to either to know that they too were moving to Tallahassee. At this time I also worked at Food Lion for a couple of months.

1994 – I saw a Food Lion co-worker at my stepsister’s wedding in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He had gone to high school with her husband.

1995 – A second Food Lion co-worker and I happened to both be working at Gayfer’s department store in Jacksonville, FL.

1999 – I was at a work conference in Ft. Lauderdale. I was eating lunch in the hotel restaurant and my stepsister was there. She worked 30 miles away and had no idea I was coming to Ft. Lauderdale.

2000 – I was living with a roommate named Pam who grew up in Kansas. I had just started a new job and my coworker Michel had also grown up in Kansas. In the same town. They went to the same high school. Michel’s picture was in Pam’s yearbook which was in my living room.

2002 – I was working at Starbucks and a guy named Brian was transferred to my store. He and I had been friends in high school 11 years before, in a town 60 miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home