Saturday, September 24, 2005

Oops I Did It Again

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday because they are the only place in town that gets the new issue of People on Friday afternoon the way God intended it. And damn it internet, I was dying to find out what went wrong with Kenny and Renee's marriage. And Tori Spelling's for that matter.

I went straight to the magazine aisle and tried to avert my eyes from any and all new releases. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a beautiful, glossy tower of turquoise books that I was drawn to like a magnet. It was A Million Little Pieces which is Oprah's new selection for her book club. Shit. You know I bought it because the I liked the cover. Oh oh - and I also like books about real people recovering from stuff. Yeah. I hung my head with shame and embarrassment as I headed to the register. I wondered how many other women in this country bought that same exact book on that same exact day. At least I read books that she hasn't recommended, I started reading long before she started a book club, and I am positive that I've never taken a recommendation from Kelly Ripa. Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home